Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

New Computer

You won't be seeing pictures of the new computer because I took it back. After a very frustrating day of trying to get on line and even email I was pulling my hair out. It wouldn't load any programs and wouldn't copy the pictures I had in it to a CD. It kept telling me I didn't have enough RAM for my photo shop - despite the fact that the resources was telling me very little of the memory was used and the second drive had nothing on it at all. I could email - sort of - it kept sending the same email to my friend despite the fact that I even deleted it - it kept coming back. This just went on and on till I was fed up with it. They have a fourteen day policy that you can take anything back even if you don't like it. Well I didn't like the Vista. Talked a man at Best Buys and he said that in a couple of months they are going to come out with a program that will fix a lot of the problems. I was also told I could have Windows XP put on instead of the Vista. The man at Best Buys said you could order one like that but I didn't ask him how much it cost.
Meanwhile I am using old tried and true. As long as I take care of it maybe it will last for a while longer.

1 Comments:

At Wed May 23, 09:57:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Glad you are happy with your old computer and I hope that it lasts for a long time. You should have asked the salesperson to retrieve your pictures from the computer when you took it back to the store.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home