Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, May 07, 2007

Plants Everywhere




Those tomato plants that were so small a few weeks ago have filled their cage and are spilling out of it. We have our first tomatoes growing. The bloom that was on the eggplant fell off so I guess it has to get bigger to set fruit. My marigolds are really blooming. I have been promised that my plants will get watered while I am in Georgia. Oh, I am so excited. Hope I can sleep tonight. Bag is all packed and I thought it was heavy but got the scales out and it was only twenty pounds - they allow you fifty pounds per bag - Steve picked it up with his good arm and said yes that was about right twenty pounds. I did squeeze one more thing into the bag but it is busting at the seams now. Maybe I should run some packing tape around it just in case. Worry, worry, worry - time to relax.

2 Comments:

At Tue May 08, 07:47:00 AM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I'm going to have to show Jimmy your tomato plants. I can't believe how big they already are. Does Steve like fried green tomatoes...your's look like they're big enough to fry.

I know that you probably have already left for your trip to Georgia but I'm saying it anyway...Have a safe trip! and I know that I won't have to tell you to have fun.

 
At Tue May 08, 06:57:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That this is GINORMOUS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home