Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, May 28, 2007

Shorts - what shorts?

Well I guess you can teach an old dog old tricks because I am learning all over again how to sew. Forgot the first rule - measure, measure, measure.

Forgot that I always had to lengthen patterns for me. So yes you guessed it the first pair of shorts turned out to be too short for me - they were way beyond hip huggers. I have lengthened the pattern but think I need to lengthen it a little more. Know how the pockets go in though - only had to take them apart three times.
It is a good thing that the material only cost $1.50 - I will be out and about today so I may stop and get more material. My mind is set I am going to get some shorts made.

Pictures will be posted the second I manage to get a pair done.

1 Comments:

At Tue May 29, 08:26:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Sew a BIG GIANT cuff on those legs and make them longer for gardening use...Of course unless they turn out great and then you might start a new fad. hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home