Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Shorts

Shorts that is what started it. After a useless hunt through all departments - men's too - I have decided that there are no shorts out there to fit me. If they go around my waist they are so baggy else where they look terrible. So I found myself doing something I haven't done in years - buying material and a pattern to make my own shorts. Haven't sewn anything except mending and a curtain for years. Surprising how much has come back to me. Maybe it is like riding a bike once you learn it sticks with you.

Have to start a writing campaign to the big honchos at Wal Mart. They have taken the sewing materials out of all of their stores but the one by us. The lady said they are going to give it three years and the only way to keep it is to call and write in for them to keep that section in the store. The only other place to get material is in Brandon and with the traffic it makes it almost not worth the bother. Guess I bettter stock up LOL.

Those green tomatoes are really tempting out there - just a couple fried up - yummy, I think I am getting hungry.

1 Comments:

At Sun May 27, 03:35:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Are you going to model your shorts for us once you have them made?
I can't believe W-M is removing it's sewing section in 3 years. I'll also have to start a writing campaign to keep it in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home