Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, May 18, 2007

Tomatoes Gone Wild


Returned home to my tomatoes going wild. Steve and Dawn were trying to tie them up but were not getting very far.

Resorted to proping up some of the limbs that had grown outside the cage.

Should have put one plant in there. These are just starting to set tomatoes. My Early Contender has a lot of tomatoes on it. I guess I will let them get ripe I came home from Georgia with green tomatoes I bought at the craft fair. All ready had one patch and thinking of cooking the rest.

Steve did a pretty good job of taking care of the plants but he doesn't give them enough water. I like to soak them then water every other day - until the heat starts in good then I guess I will have to water them every day. Afraid to feed them they may take over the yard.

1 Comments:

At Mon May 21, 03:44:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

WOW!!! I don't know whether to show these great big tomato plants to Jimmy or not. All 6 of his nice plants got cut off by cut worms or eaten by some kind of tomato mite. They're dead and I was thinking that you might send me over a tomato or two when we need one. It looks like you're going to have plenty of them. hehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home