Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fluffy Flowers

My daughter's shop on etsy is doing good. Should do better nearer the holidays. A lot of people think you have to set up a site to buy but what they want is just like ebay an email and a pass word. FluffyFlowers.etsy.com

Things are still hurry up and wait here. Every time Steve calls his lawyer they say they are waiting on a court date. Time is going to run out soon. It is hard to believe that in about three months Steve would have been hurt two years.

The Social Security is sending Steve all kinds of papers to fill out. At least that is something moving forward. Steve hates to fill all these papers out but I do the writing and he just helps with the info.

Been feeling a bit under the weather last few days. Had a headache for a few days - I know it is from stress.

Still working slowly on the back porch - working around Dawn's boxes which she still hasn't picked up. Took a load of stuff to the mission. How in the world do we accumulate so much junk? I have yet to take the box that has all the lose nails and screws, etc. in it - need some jars to sort the things into.

We got some hard rain in the evening and I noticed it knocked down my marigolds - hope they recover. About the only thing still growing is the pepper bush which looks very festive with it's red peppers and my egg plant which I don't think is going to set any more egg plants. I need to spend time out there cleaning up but it so unbearably hot down here right now in the high nineties with a feel like temperature of over a hundred. When you walk out the door it is like a wall of heat hitting you. I will just have to try and mess with the plants early in the morning - that is if I don't fall asleep again.

4 Comments:

At Mon Aug 13, 10:32:00 AM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I went over and looked at all the cute little critters on your daughters site. I bet you could come up with some cute critters of your own to add to her collection. Try it ...it might be fun for you and it would certainly take your mind off some of the stresses you are feeling at the moment.

I'm not wishing for cold weather, but I just wish the temps would drop back down about 10-15 degrees with very little humidity. That would certainly make working outside a little more tolerable.

 
At Tue Aug 14, 11:31:00 AM 2007, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

You might be getting headaches from going in & out of the heat, that happens to me. Don't forget the dust you are stirring up with all the cleaning can give you a sinus headache. I agree, I don't know how I have collected so much stuff. If you call the Kidney Foundation, they will make a pick-up of old unwanted clothes & junk. Good luck, just go slow, that is what I am doing!

 
At Wed Aug 15, 09:35:00 AM 2007, Blogger Ava said...

I had a whopper of a headache yesterday. I think it's the weather.

Glad to hear that things are moving for Steve ... even if it is just the paper work.

 
At Wed Aug 15, 03:08:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hot as blue blazes here too so I don't blame you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home