Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Key board

Broke down and bought a new keyboard. It is one of the el cheapo ones but I like it. It is quieter then my old one, the keys don't stick and you can see the letters! My other key board will be ten years old next year and most of the letters have disappered. The new one doesn't have some of the buttons at the top but I never used them any way.

Well we have new neighbors. Looks like they like to barbque a lot - have a grill and picnic table and lots of outdoor chairs. They also hung wind chimes on all the awnings - two per awning. I am sorry but if the wind picks up and those things make a lot of noise I am going to have to say something about it. We got spoiled with our last neighbor she was so quiet and worked all the time - she would come over and visit once in a while. We will miss her.

Steve is still waiting for a call from the lawyer. I told him I wouldn't wait I would go ahead and call and see what is going on. We have both been so worried about the settlement and the disabilty that Steve can hardly eat and I can't sleep.

My but this key board is nice even if it is a cheap one. I was going to pay a little more and get an HP board but they didn't have any in stock. Time to start setting aside some money towards a new computer. My daughter and her husband ended up getting a new computer with the refund on the one they bought for me and I returned. My sister and her husband that live in Ohio bought a new one and are having all kinds of trouble with the Vista program so I am not alone in not likeing the Vista.

Moocher has decided to sleep inside in the day time - way too hot outside but once it cools off he wants to go out. He is gaining some weight back.

Took the hooks back to Wal Mart - first they were a birthday present for Steve but were the wrong ones so I returned them and yep - got the wrong ones again - I knew better then trying to just remember what to get then to write it down. Well this time I wrote it down and got the right hooks. They don't cost much but a couple of dollars is a couple of dollars and if they aren't the right hooks they won't get used. Steve has trouble casting he has to sort of throw it sidewise and let it drift out. His friend Ty helps him with getting a fish in. Steve enjoys fishing so much it is a shame he can't do it on his own.

3 Comments:

At Tue Aug 07, 07:37:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Hope your neighbor turns out to be a wonderful neighbor.

I was just looking at my keyboard and I didn't realize that it was so dusty.

Hope everything works out with Steve's claim and that he gets a favorable decision.

 
At Thu Aug 09, 08:10:00 AM 2007, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

I heard the same thing about VISTA, but I notice that all the new computers come with it loaded on. The only good thing is that computers are getting a little cheaper. Check out HP.COM - they have good refurbished computers pretty cheap, sometimes they even have free shipping and the great thing is that the UPS man brings it right to your door! I have made several orders from them and never had a problem.

 
At Thu Aug 09, 02:04:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your new keyboard looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home