Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Sick Little Girl

We had a sick little girl Saturday. Jerrica, Steph's oldest girl was running a fever and kept falling so Steph called her Dad to take them to Urgent Care. I got to watch Jasmine and the baby.

When they got back Steph me and Jasmine went to the store and picked up Jerrica's medicine. Jasmine was tired so she was a little terror in the grocery store. She wanted every thing. We managed to get out of the store with just a bag of candy her mom bought her. I tried to talk her into getting a bag of baby carrots, she wanted it - I meant to buy some any way - but when we got home and I gave her one she ate about half of it and said it was good but nasty.

We got Jerrica's medicine. Poor little things she couldn't hardly walk for falling over. I think she slept the whole time we were gone - Steve even got the baby to go to sleep for a while. I know he was tired. This was not the way he had his day planned.

Found some more chicken breasts with the skin on - that is the way Steve likes them and fried to a crisp. I can't each much meat so I make it up in veggies and fruit. Pork chops tonight. Got some really good deals at the store - the chicken breast had the sale price on the and a two dollar off coupon off that. I think out of that package I got enough for four meals. I am cooking smaller portions now - I see no sense in cooking a pile of meat and we only eat two pieces. I am trying to eat up the left over also instead of just tossing them - I don't mean just me eat the left overs but having them the next day for supper. I remember the first time Steve saw just three pieces of chicken I had out to cook and told me it didn't seem worth it to cook that small amount - well there was one left over even. One of us ate it the next day. Now he doesn't say anything to me about the small portions I cook. The only time we cook a lot is when he barques and that is planned out so we will have left overs and some to snack on.

Moocher is totally spoiled now. I put dried food in his dish and he meows at me and rubs me till I give him a can of cat food. Guess I am going to have to start mixing half a can of food with some dried food. He is staying in the house more though yesterday when the kids were here he poked his nose in the door then beat a hasty retreat. The baby saw him at the door and got all excited she wanted to pet the kitty but Moocher decided he didn't want to come in with the kids there.

We didn't get any rain yesterday and the weather man said the heat index - feels like - 105%, it was up to 95% or more for the regular temperature. They predict no rain today but should get some more later in the week. We need all we can get the water is still low.

Well I think I am off to Walk Mart to see if they will refund the money on the wrong kind of fishing line Steph bought her dad. Steve will more then likely still be in bed when I get back.

3 Comments:

At Sun Aug 05, 10:09:00 AM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I hope Jerrica feels better soon and that it isn't anything that you or Steve might catch.

Yeah, I know how it is with cats and dry food once you have introduced them to canned wet food. I slowly got them weaned off the canned by putting warm water into their dry cat food, until one day they turned their noses up at it and went back to eating the dry stuff.

Hope you get your rain...We got a sprinkling overnight, but not much. There were no puddles to be found anywhere, just a wet sidewalk.

It's been way toooooo HOT here lately...too hot to even go outside for very long and the mosquitos are in abundance even though we put mosguito pellets in the water on a regular basis...they must be coming from the drying creek out back and a swamp nearby.

 
At Tue Aug 07, 07:13:00 AM 2007, Blogger Felicia said...

Poor kid! Hope she is feeling better soon.

Moocher is probably enjoying the airconditioning as well as the wet cat food :)

 
At Tue Aug 07, 10:31:00 AM 2007, Blogger Ava said...

So sorry to hear that you had a sick one. I hope that she is feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home