Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

All Is Well

This is my CPAP machine that helps me keep breathing while I am asleep. The doctor was very pleased with my progress in getting used to the machine and is going to wait to put me on oxygen - till we really know I need it. You would be surprised at how quiet the CPAP is. My little fan I have on in the room to move the air around and drown out unwanted noises is louder.

I feel much better now that I know it takes time to adjust and I don't need the oxygen right away.

Had to take the machine with me so the doctor could make sure of the model that I had - he said a few times the patient had the wrong machine. The nurse took the card out of it while I was holding the hose and stuff in so I didn't see how the card went in. Well after I got home and hooked it all up again I put the card in and the lights went wild and there was a beeping noise so I pulled it out and put it in the other way and things went back to normal. At least it is almost idiot proof which is a plus for me.

3 Comments:

At Wed Oct 10, 06:56:00 AM 2007, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

I have never seen a CPAP machine, I type about it sometimes in my medical transcription. I hope it works for you and makes you feel better! Are you crocheting anything these days?

 
At Wed Oct 10, 11:18:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

That looks like my machine except for that white patch on the top.

 
At Wed Oct 10, 11:22:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Do you have two hoses on your machine or is that just an extra long hose?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home