Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Selby Gardens

This is the entrance to the gardens. It is like going into another world in there and I hope to see the rest of it before long.
Here are just some of the beautiful fish they have in ponds. My sis said that the fan tail or ones that look like feathers are rare.
My sis behind the tree so we could see how big the tree was. So many of the plants were named by their scientific name and I didn't take anything to write them down with.
Me sitting on I believe a Banyan tree - it had very interesting roots.
This was an echo chamber. You put your head in it and hummed. I did it and my whole body vibrated even my sis said she could feel it.

Stay tuned for more beautiful flowers.

2 Comments:

At Thu Oct 18, 02:48:00 PM 2007, Blogger Felicia said...

Wow! What an awesome place. I love those beautiful banyan trees. I've only ever seen them on TV. Looks like you had a pretty wonderful time.

 
At Thu Oct 18, 11:33:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

This place looks very interesting and those fish are really big...at least they look big in your picture.

I love both the pictures of you & your sister with the trees. Both trees were very interesting to see.

You guys did a lot of sightseeing while you were visiting, and I can't wait to see more pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home