Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Christmas

We had a happy Christmas. The two oldest girls were able to fly down for Christmas but had to return to Maryland while the lawyers try to get custody back to Steph their mother.

Everyone enjoyed their presents and as usual the cheapest ones were the favorites. I should have bought the six year old one harder books she had already read one by the time they left to go home. I am almost thinking she has a photograph memory. She will ask you to spell a word and you just spell it then she will write it down and remember it. No wonder they wanted to put her up a grade when she was down here.

Don't laugh those of you facing snow and real cold but it is thirty degrees down here in sunshiny Florida and us poor thin blooded Floridians are freezing. Of course it is going to warm up later into the seventies which is fine with me. I can just see that electric meter racing around because the heater just won't turn off.

Just about finished with this round of doctors. Eye doctor said everything looked good in my eye balls - have to go back for a test that measures how far you can see to the sides. Waiting for some results from another test but that one looks good too. My primary loves to give me referrals to other doctors if she even suspects something may be wrong. I suppose I should be glad that I have a doctor that is on the ball but it does get tiresome going to doctors all the time.

Well this is a new year hard to believe it is 2008. When I was young 2000 looked so far away and now we are eight years into a new century. I know how my grandmother felt now about all the new inventions in her life time. I am totally lost when it comes to ipods, and all those cell phones and the new computers, cars that talk to you and tell you where to go - I just can't keep up with all the new stuff. Oh well, what I don't know won't bother me.

I know this is late but Happy New Year to everyone.

2 Comments:

At Mon Jan 07, 06:14:00 PM 2008, Blogger Felicia said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all!

 
At Tue Jan 08, 12:01:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

The girls have really grown since the last picture I saw of them...all of the kids have.

When I was young, I thought the year 2000 was some far off year that would never come. It was way out there in the future and almost seemed like science fiction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home