Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Steve

Steve was a kind man - a little rough on the outside but if he was your friend you could rely on him. This picture is I think when he had his arm in a sling after the second operation they did on his shoulder.
Are you catching a theme here. Steve kept in touch with family and friends by phone all the time. Most of his family lives somewhere else so having a long distance plan was a must.
Here is one of the few pictures I have of him at the beach without a fishing rod in his hand. We had taken Steph's two girls to the beach. We didn't stay long they wanted to go to McDonalds.

I miss him. I miss the one sided conversations I would listen to while he was talking on the phone. Of course every now and then I would throw my two cents in and he would get a laugh out of it. What really made him laugh was when I would hear him talking to his sisters about some food their mother used to fix and that I had no idea that he liked so I would jump up and go write it on my grocery list. He will not be forgotten. To be taken so soon and so quickly has us all shocked but we are hanging in there. My family has been a great comfort to me and Steve's family are still in touch with me.

2 Comments:

At Thu Apr 24, 12:18:00 PM 2008, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

It must be very quiet around there now, will take some getting used to.

On your last post, it looks like you and your sister had fun shopping and eating, that's what we do for fun 'round here, too.

Know that you are thought of by your blog friends.

 
At Sat Apr 26, 08:03:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I really like that picture of Steve sitting in the sand at the beach. I know that you miss him a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home