Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Terible Twos

Can this little angelic face be the monster who has appeared in our home? The terrible twos seem to have arrived right on time. From crying and throwing fits and biting we don't know what happened to the happy baby we had before. Hope this phase passes quickly. I think the baby just gets frustrated with things she can't do yet. She was trying to draw on her magnetic board and it wouldn't come out like she wanted - I ended up having to take it away from her because she was throwing it all over the place.

Well our windows are all fixed with plexi glass. Tommy who fixed them said he found the rocks that broke them. I guess this will keep happening till that whole side that faces the road has plexi glass windows. At least this is Sunday and I don't have to watch the mail box. Every one who has one in the row are checking their mail before dark. Just what do they do with any checks they might get? I guess some one would cash them for them. They should have to ask for ID before cashing any checks. I am just upset that this is one more thing I have to worry about.

Baby has spent yesterday last night and today with her dad so I got to clean in peace. Bought a Swifter mop and I just love the thing. No more mixing water in a bucket. Just slap one of those pads on and go to work - it dries fast too. I don't know what they put in there to clean with but it sure does the trick. I was going to tackle the dusting but a nap caught me before I could start. I can dust when the baby is here any way.

My little mystery flowers don't seem to be doing too good. I may have to replace them with something else. Mean while I am still getting up nerve to divide my chives. They have been growing in the same pot for about three years and need to be thinned out. They are hardy things. The only herb I have really had success with growing in a pot.

2 Comments:

At Tue May 27, 08:27:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Glad you got a little break for the holiday weekend.

 
At Wed May 28, 09:45:00 AM 2008, Blogger Suzie said...

Looks like it's gonna be a bit rocky here while tackling the two's. Be sure to take care of yourself sis. I'm glad you discovered the swiffer too! I have two of them now, and my Seth and April are still young enough to think that helping grandma is fun, so each gets one and they swiffer the whole tile floors! When they get tall enough, they're gonna learn to load the dishwasher too.
And then I can sit on the sofa with my feet up, at least for a few minutes... lol.
Hey, I want a pot of chives on the lanai! I really need to get some large decorative pots out there with some kind of vegetation growing. It's so bare. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing you again sometime.
Later,
Suz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home