Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gas

Every one is talking about the high price of gas. Seems like my old truck has decided to drink the stuff now like water. Maybe I just think I am getting worse gas milage because it cost so much to fill it up now.

Combining tasks has become a must. A trip to the grocery store is put off till time to check the mail at the post office and if anything needs picking up at Wal Greens which all those places are close together.

They are pushing the hybrid cars but where can you find fuel for them? I am not even sure I understand what a hybrid car is.

Things are just going along the same here. I am watching the baby a lot but her mom doesn't have to work tonight so she has her in their bedroom trying to make her lay down. The baby was up early this morning so she might go to sleep. For her mom's sake I hope she does. Watching a two year old can really wear you out. The potty training is coming along but she messes her diaper then wants to pull it off and go potty - you can imagine the messes we have had to clean up. Some day soon now the baby will get the idea of going potty before she goes in her diaper.

3 Comments:

At Thu Jun 19, 08:42:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Gas prices are so high that it cost as much to fill up our two bikes than it used to cost to fill up the car.

Have you signed the petition to drill here in the U.S. for gas instead of giving our money away to the OPEC Nations?

 
At Wed Jun 25, 02:06:00 PM 2008, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

I know what you mean about combining trips, I do the same thing. My brother tells me that if you have a certain diesel engine - that you can use cooking oil in it! If you could get the old cooking oil from restaurant vats cheap - that would work. Just like everything else, if people starting doing it the price would rise!

 
At Sun Sep 21, 09:22:00 AM 2008, Blogger Ria said...

I hear you!!!
Gas prices even here in the Philippines went up to insane levels! A LITER of gas cost almost Php60.00. That was about $1.25-1.50 depending on the exchange rate. However, I'm sure that's just about the same rate as there...I heard it was up to bout $5 a gallon. Hope things are better there. Gas prices here have since gone down, it's back down to about 49-50 pesos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home