Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Simmons Park

Made it to the lab for my blood tests today. Stopped off at McDonald's and got me a big cup of coffee - it was fasting blood work - then drove down to Simmon's Park for a while. Was going yesterday but Tommy, the handyman, came to fix my bathtub facet so I had to wait till today. It was high tide so this is a picture of a tree that is out of the water at low tide.
These are cement blocks that they put so the sand won't erode away. There is no swimming in this part of the park only fishing.
One of our old fishing spots. The one we used to go to is all over grown now and with the tide high you can't even tell where it was.
Nice view of an island - there are plenty of little islands in the park waters. When the raccoons used to be so bad you could see them swimming from some of the island when you drove up. The park people made people stop feeding them and you don't even see them now.

I have more pictures that I will share but I didn't want to overload blogger - been having trouble getting in lately.

2 Comments:

At Thu Sep 25, 10:45:00 PM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Love your pictures of Simmons Park. It looks like a nice place to fish.

 
At Thu Oct 02, 02:20:00 PM 2008, Blogger Felicia said...

Your pictures are beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home