Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Corner of my house

This is the corner of my house. You can see a couple of bushes on the side - one of them is a bougainvillea which I have always wanted but was never able to grow. Now I have one but can't really start caring for it except to water it because it is too late in the year to fertilize it but I am looking forward to spring. Thank goodness there is another facet behind the house now all I have to do is buy another hose to put back there. The hose I have in front is too big to drag around the house - I am not sure it would reach any way.

Now that cooler weather is settling in I am getting the itch to plant something but can't because that cooler weather may turn into colder weather and kill anything I plant. I am going to divide my chives though. The people who lived here before left behind a nice long planter with good soil in it so I pulled the weeds and moved it next to my other plants. Now I just have to get the energy to go do it. I looked all over for my rubber gloves and foundly found them so I won't get dirt in my nails and on my hands - that isn't being picky it is just that I am crocheting a project right now and don't want ground in dirt on my hands.

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 23, 12:00:00 PM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Isn't this the time of year that people plant some kind of bulbs for spring or am I wrong about that? Maybe they dig them up instead.

The bouganvillea flowers you posted above are pretty and I can't wait to see your bush in full bloom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home