Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, October 13, 2008

Home Away From Home

It is hard to believe that I live behind Wal Mart - not right behind but a street over. It takes me less then five minuets to get there. My home away from home.
This is where I usually park at the Garden Center because there are parking spaces and I don't buy much at a time so it is easy to just check out in the garden center.
Tried to get some pictures of the inside but couldn't get but one with no one in the picture. All those goodies and so few dollars.

When the Wal Mart first opened they had benches through the store for people to rest on but they did away with them to make room for new merchandise. They also did away with their cloth section which means now the closet to us to buy cloth is Brandon about a thirty minuet drive away - fighting traffic all the way.

Wal Mart prices are good on most things but I still have to go to my Winn Dixie for some things Wal Mart doesn't have.

Today is a holiday for Federal workers. I mailed a bill off but didn't bother to go inside to check my mail. If anything was in my box it would be bills. I want to put that off as long as I can.

Since it is a holiday I think I will kick back with some music and read the book I got from the library.

2 Comments:

At Tue Oct 14, 07:18:00 AM 2008, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Yes, what would we do without Walmart? I get mad at the lines and crowds but always go back. Ours still has fabric, but not as much as it used to. They did discontinue all the embroidery thread as no one was buying it.

 
At Thu Oct 23, 11:51:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Walmart is my home away from home too. No cloth or sewing section here anymore and the outside of our store is now sandstone/tan/brown instead of blue. Our inside is undergoing a MAJOR RENOVATION and nobody can find anything and as we all walk around in there like lost sheep we threaten to go elsewhere....But here we all are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home