Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Mended Hole?

Well I followed the instructions that my sis in Ohio gave me and tried to catch all the knitted ends. You can't tell from the picture but it is a little bumpy. I hope it holds though because my poor daughter is so busy all the time I don't like to bother her with making me a new pair of socks. Besides I really liked this pair. My toes tend to cramp if they get chilly even if the rest of me is warm. I know it is poor circulation in the feet but that comes with diabetes and getting older. Caught between elevating my feet for the swelling and my toes cramping because they are elevated and not getting the circulation they need.

My crochet project has gone into the second phase and if I keep up this pace I will have everything done by Christmas.

I have finished the book 'Garden Spells' and really liked it. I just may read it again before the book discussion at the library. Never been to a book discussion so I am looking forward to.

2 Comments:

At Fri Oct 17, 05:56:00 AM 2008, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Looks like you did a good job mending. I learned to knit socks last winter, it is fun, maybe your daughter can teach you. It sounds like you are ahead of the game, already working on Christmas gifts, good for you! I have never been to a book discussion either, it sounds like in school when we had to do book reports, looking forward to hearing all about it.

 
At Thu Oct 23, 11:53:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I think you did a good job mending your warm socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home