Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Neghbors



At last both horses were near the fence and I was able to get some pictures of them. It is hard to believe that I live behind a Super Wal Mart yet still have horses as neighbors. I have been trying to get pictures of them for a long time. I was going to Wal Mart and had my camera in my purse when I went out to get in the truck and there they were. I didn't want to get too close and maybe scare them but the brown horse put his head over the fence making for a nice picture. You can see the white one off to the side.

At the old place I had one white horse for a neighbor here I have a white and a brown horse. They are very well cared for. It makes me feel like I am still in the country.

Everyone around here has cats. There are cats all over the place - some friendly some wild. I miss Moocher but I know he had another home he was eating at because he would disappear for days and always looked well fed. I never could find him. All the moving and the kids being there scared him off.

Though I am glad I don't have the kids to take care of any more I still miss them. Steph's two oldest girls are in Maryland with their dad and Steph and the baby are in Illinois with her husband. I don't know where Dawn is she hasn't called. It seemed like things just feel apart after Steve died. I got through yesterday but was tired.

Thanks to all who left comments on my post.

2 Comments:

At Sun Oct 12, 10:20:00 PM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

It's not often that you can live behind Wal-Mart and still have horses as your neighbors. I love country living and those two handsome horses.

I think of Moocher often, but I know he is doing fine. Tomcats have many homes when they're friendly and as affectionate as Moocher was. He was one of a kind.

 
At Mon Oct 13, 06:23:00 AM 2008, Blogger Felicia said...

Aw, sweet horsey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home