Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sob, sob - a hole

My favorite pair of socks to keep my feet warm sprang a hole. My toes where cold and I pulled them out to put them on and there it was the mystery hole. How it got there I really don't know and I haven't a clue as how to mend it since it is knitted.

These socks are very special to me because my daughter made them for me one Christmas a few years ago. She is the knitter in the family. She is so busy now adays with work and her Etsy shops I don't know if she would have time to make me a new pair. Or maybe she can tell me how to mend it.

Alas poor socks, you served me well and now we must bid aduie.

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 16, 11:33:00 AM 2008, Blogger from Felicia Barnes said...

Hi, Gail. I don't comment often but I always read your blogs. I am happy that you have such a nice place to live. You can sew the sock by hand, being sure to catch in all the yarn. I have done it before on knitted or crocheted items, if the hole isn't too big. Have a great day! love, Lissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home