Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, October 10, 2008

Steve

Today marks six months since Steve died. It only seems like a short time. He is still missed very much. The tree is from Simmons Park where he liked to fish.
Steve cleaned up really nice when he wanted to. This picture was taken about four years ago. He hadn't yet started getting his hair cut short.
This is what he loved to do best was fish. Even after he hurt his arm he managed to fish a little with a buddy even though he paid for it later with his arm hurting. He couldn't cast the rod so had to do a little side ways throw. He caught some fish too.
This is Steve as a young boy - his father gave him a blot of ground to grow strawberries on. Steve grew them sold them and used the money to buy his first car. He always found something to do when young like mowing so he wouldn't have to ask his parents for money.

Steve taught me a lot about life. Until I met Steve the men in my life hadn't been all that good. I learned from him that a man can love his children and grand children unconditionally. He loved me and always remembered the holidays and the day we started officially going together. I knew him for thirteen years. He will forever be missed.

He also taught me how to cook. For a lot of years in my marriage I could only cook a certain way and Steve taught me that I can add onions to things and how to fix his version of soft tacos,and how to make a really good tuna salad. I remember the first time I tried to make hamburgers - they fell apart so I threw a can of Manwich in it and we had Manwich sandwiches. Steve told me to add just a little flour to the hamburger and they would stay together. He also liked to add a package of Lipton Onion soup mix. My hamburgers got better after his advice.

It is still hard to accept that he is gone. He wouldn't have wanted to live with what they had to do to him even if he hadn't had the massive stroke. He will forever remain my love in my heart.

4 Comments:

At Fri Oct 10, 09:59:00 AM 2008, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

A nice tribute to someone you loved. I am glad you have good memories of him and things that he taught you to do - like cooking! Reading about all that good food makes me hungry.

Keep thinking of the good times!

 
At Fri Oct 10, 10:52:00 PM 2008, Blogger TUFFENUF said...

It is nice to have good memories of Steve and you can still go to the park and think of him and all the good times you had there. Steve would not want you to be sad, but would want you to be happy remembering the time you had together. Good luck to you in the new place.

 
At Fri Oct 10, 10:53:00 PM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

You have such wonderful memories to hold on to. Keep them close to your heart.

 
At Mon Oct 13, 06:24:00 AM 2008, Blogger Felicia said...

What a beauty memory :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home