Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, December 01, 2008

Antiques

Us girls had a lot of fun going to antique malls - poor Kevin was just dragged along but he did managed to find a few treasures for his self. This is one of the booths inside the mall. It is very easy to get lost in there. After a while I had to go up front and just sit down and wait for the others to catch up with me.
Here is my daughter with some of her treasures she found at a booth that had everything marked down to seventy five percent off. She will sell most of the items on her Etsy shop - Fluffy Flowers Vintage. We were tired but very happy with the things we found.
This is Kevin's mother with some beautiful blue and white cloth that she found. She is collecting blue and white dishes and the cloth fit right into her theme. Now she just has to figure out what to make with it.
This is me in front of one of the bigger antique malls we went to. If the airlines hadn't changed checked baggage to just one bag I would have come home with more. I left with a thirty three pound bag and returned with a forty pound bag.

The weather were I lived said it was cold in Georgia so I went prepared with sweats and warm clothes but the weather was mostly very mild and we were in short sleeve shirts. I came home to a hot house and had to turn my A/C on for a while. It is off now as it is cooling off - suppose to be in the fifties in the morning. We will have more cold weather soon.

2 Comments:

At Tue Dec 02, 06:28:00 AM 2008, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Looks like fun! It sounds like you had a nice visit in Georgia, I bet you are glad to be home, though!

 
At Tue Dec 02, 08:45:00 PM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I really enjoyed looking at the pictures of your visit. It sounded like all of you had a really good time trekking around to all of those antique shops. Good that the weather was nice during your visit, but I think Georgia weather is usually pleasant anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home