Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, December 08, 2008

Brrrr....

Cold here this morning. Have the heaters going. For Florida thirties and forties are cold for us thin blooded Floridians. Would you believe it is going to be almost in the 80s in the next few days. Hot then cold - you never know what the weather is going to bring here.

Suppose to get out and do a few things today but it is just too cold for these old bones right now. Maybe if it warms up fast today I will venture out.

Found a small spiral cut ham - they are on sale already - I knew if I didn't buy it now that all the small ones would be gone so it is tucked nicely in the freezer awaiting Christmas. Steve loved spiral cut ham and we had to have it at Christmas every year. I plan on sharing this one with my neighbors and I will have a lot left to put in the freezer.

I think I am all set for Christmas. Have some packages to mail off. I am dreading the wait at the post office but maybe I will luck out and the lines won't be so long.

My cable went out the other day and the lady I talked to said that they couldn't get out to fix it till Monday. Two days without cable!!! After a few hours my cable box came back on and I called the cable company to tell them it was back and no one needed to come out. This time the lady I talked to said that there had been an outage in my area - the first lady must not have know it - anyway I have my cable back. Tonight is Lost on the Sci Fi channel. Four hours every Monday night and I get to see it during the week on G4. Totally hooked on this soap opera of people stranded by a plane crash on a strange island. I am glad I had the chance to see it from the beginning or I wouldn't know what was going on.

Coffee calls. I am bundled up but still cold. Just have little heaters to heat the place up and I concentrate them on the living room where the TV and computer are. After a while they will take the chill off. Now if everyone gets up and turns on their heat at one time we will lose our electric. This has happened several times.

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 09, 06:38:00 PM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Having our electric go out is why we are heating with natural gas this year. Even if we have no electricity, we still have heat in the winter time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home