Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, December 12, 2008

Food Shopping for Christmas

Well I went today and got the rest of the food on my Christmas list. I bought a spiral ham last week when the store still had some small ones left - it is tucked nicely away in the freezer along with a pie and some sausage for sausage stuffing - I tried the recipe once already and think I can do better this time. The recipe came from my daughter's mother in law at Thanksgiving. I liked it so much I want to learn how to make it so it turns out like Mary's.

Wish my daughter would send me the picture of me holding a pie box with a perplexed look on my face - that was for Thanksgiving. We couldn't find any thaw and eat pies so had to get one you had to cook. That is what is also tucked away in my freezers one of those pies. I thought about pecan pie but it is too sweet for me and I know I would eat some.

I don't plan on eating all this food myself - I plan on making plates for my neighbors. What is left I can put in smaller packages and put them away in my freezer so I can have some left overs to eat on for a while.

1 Comments:

At Sun Dec 14, 09:43:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I think that it's really sweet of you to think of your neighbors and to fix them each a plate of Christmas dinner. I'm sure they all will appreciate some of your good cooking.

Since you have been mentioning spiral hams, I was reminded of how successful it was at our house one Christmas, so I am going out to find one pretty soon to add to our Christmas dinner.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home