Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tang

This is me at Thanksgiving at my daughter's. I really tried to read the box but my daughter was the one to put it in the oven and keep an eye on it and take it out of the oven so I think she qualifies for cooking the pumpkin pie.
I found it. That elusive Tang. Found it at Wal Mart. It no longer comes in a jar - it comes in a little plastic container. Couldn't wait till I got home and had a glass. Tasted just like the Tang I used to remember. I have been drinking a lot of juice lately - I suppose it is good for me. Better then drinking so much coffee since I am not suppose to drink all that much coffee but I do drink decaf a lot.

Today is my birthday. I am a whole 59 years old today. Next year will be the big 60. My how time seems to be slipping right on by. It is hard to believe this is the second Christmas that Steve won't be here. Last Christmas we had all Steph's kids and things were just too hectic to have time to think much less miss Steve too much. This year is different - I finally have the peace to think about him and how much I miss him. I catch myself every now and then seeing something that I know he would love for Christmas. Acceptance is coming to me now. He just went so fast that it was a shock.

My sister Maria and her husband Warren have their own house now and have invited the whole family over in the afternoon of Christmas day to eat and visit. I wasn't going to go but my mother said I could ride with her - my brother is suppose to ride with her also. I am sure we will have a nice time.

2 Comments:

At Mon Dec 22, 08:25:00 AM 2008, Blogger Felicia said...

Hope you had a fabulous Birthday!

 
At Mon Dec 22, 10:32:00 PM 2008, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Happy Birthday to you, even if I'm here late to wish you a happy birthday.
You don't have a gray hair in your head...that's pretty good for turning 59.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home