Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Saturday, April 18, 2009

First Try


Well I do believe that my first try at cooking the banana peppers turned out pretty good. I only had trouble with the coating sticking to some of them.

I did a dumb dumb - after I had cleaned the seeds out of the peppers for some reason I licked my finger - wow - the heat stays on your hands. Maybe I will make some pickled seeds to put on my hands when they hurt.

I am off to try my peppers - they should be cooled off enough now.

3 Comments:

At Sun Apr 19, 11:06:00 AM 2009, Blogger Suzie said...

Well? The suspense is killing me!
Let us know how they tasted, so that I can go buy some more on Weds. and cook some myself using your 'tried and true' recipe.

Suz

 
At Sun Apr 19, 12:20:00 PM 2009, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Maybe your coating should have been just a little tiny bit thicker so it would have stuck on your peppers. The only thing with using the pancake batter is that if it is too thick it comes out fluffy and not crispy and more like your peppers are coated by a thin layer of bread.
Try using the batter used for frying onion rings...it's so much better and I'm sure you'll love it.

Your peppers look good enough to eat. We haven't even planted our plants yet. I can't wait...you're making me hungry.

 
At Mon Apr 20, 03:52:00 PM 2009, Blogger Felicia said...

They look delicious :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home