Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, April 17, 2009

Shelves and Peppers

My sis Suzie came over and brought screws and brackets to hang my shelves with. I had forgotten about my shelves because they were tucked behind the table and I didn't know what to use to hang them on the wall. I had always just set them on a counter or when I lived in my teeny tiny place used them as a bedside night stand.
Here she almost has the shelves up. She is just a wonder when it comes to stuff like that. And she enjoys doing it too.
She also brought me a wonderful gift - some banana peppers. Her and her husband were at a big flea market that has a large fruit and vegetable section and she saw those peppers and knew I had been looking for some to cook. Now I can try the recipe that AIP gave me on how to cook them. I sure am glad I asked for instructions or I would have just tried to cook the whole. Instead you cut them open, remove seeds and stem then coat them with onion ring mix or pancake mix. Too tired today to try and cook some but just wait till tomorrow - unless I wake up in the middle of the night and decide I can't wait any longer to try cooking them LOL.

2 Comments:

At Sat Apr 18, 08:02:00 AM 2009, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I haven't seen any banana peppers here yet, but I'm sure they'll be around shortly. Jimmy is going to plant some, but he likes the hot banana peppers and I like the mild ones.

Suzie is wonderful and such a helpful sister. You're so lucky to have a sister like Suzie who is always willing to stop by and help you and spend time with you. I miss having a sister, but I do have my girls & my son... and lets not leave out Jimmy who is mighty handy around the house.

Enjoy those peppers and be sure to fry them crunchy like onion rings.

 
At Mon Apr 20, 03:53:00 PM 2009, Blogger Felicia said...

What pretties will you be filling those shelves with? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home