Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Friday, November 13, 2009

Afghan


You may recognize this afghan from a few years ago - it isn't the same one. When I moved I was giving so much away to the mission that somehow my afghan went missing. I really was down about losing it and my daughter was kind enough to go on Ebay and find the same yarn I used and I have been working on a duplicate for a while. Now I have finished it and feel like I got a little back from all the things that went missing when I moved.

My sis and I had us a feast on Monday. She came by picked me up and we went and bought some blue crabs. We came back to my place and cooked and ate them here because her husband doesn't like the smell. I think we have had our fill of blue crabs for a while. When we were all finished and cleaned up my sis said I forgot to take any pictures but it looked pretty much the same as when we had crabs at her place while her husband was on a fishing trip.

I can't believe I haven't updated my blog since October. Seems everyone is on face book or my space - my server is not recognized by face book so I can't access it. For some reason they let me set up an account but I can't get to it.

Thanksgiving is coming. It will be here before we know it. If I don't get to blog again before then HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone.

4 Comments:

At Sat Nov 14, 05:39:00 AM 2009, Blogger Felicia said...

It looks great!

 
At Sat Nov 14, 08:05:00 PM 2009, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Your new afghan is beautiful. What stitch did you use? I love it!

I've been blogging steady for a long time. I gave up MySpace and I only go to facebook when I have pictures to share with my family. I'm not on it as much as I am here blogging.

 
At Sun Nov 15, 10:03:00 AM 2009, Blogger Ria said...

it's nice to see one of your pieces again! i used to be a frequent visitor to your blog but i got off the blogging track for a while. this evening, i was scrolling though past posts and came across your comments in them way back in 2006 and it made me smile :-) is your cat moocher still with you?

 
At Mon Jun 06, 05:51:00 AM 2022, Blogger Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

I still have the two crocheted throws that you made for Jimmy and I one Christmas. I took them out of my chest the other day to admire them both. Jimmy used his a lot before he died and I washed it up and put it away along with mine. Such good memories I have of you through our years of blogging and emailing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home