Doubleknot

crochet, life, and a little of everything

Monday, December 07, 2009

Marjorie Rawlings

On the trip up to Macon before Thanksgiving my daughter and I stopped in at the Marjorie Rawlings Historical Site. I have lots of pictures but I just have to move them from one computer to another to post them on my blog.

My daughter was able to get pictures inside the house because her camera doesn't need a flash. I will be posting more pictures later on.

Marjorie Rawlings was a northerner that came to Florida and fell in love with it and stayed. She is the author of The Yearling which won a Pulitzer Prize. It has been made into movies several times. She also wrote many stories and books about life in Florida in the forties and fifties. I have all of her books and short stories but alas there will be no more Marjorie Rawlings died in 1953 so we will never know how many wonderful stories she would have written.

2 Comments:

At Wed Dec 09, 07:30:00 AM 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember watching a movie about her life many years ago. It was called Cross Creek (I think). See if you can rent it - it was pretty good.

 
At Thu Dec 10, 11:11:00 PM 2009, Blogger Suzie said...

She has seen it many times already!
And owns it. I do too. Cross Creek and The Yearling, are two of my favorite movies. Makes me wanna pop one in right now... lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home